Libraries matter. Cavan County Council’s Library Service provides unlimited, easy access to information and leisure, education and entertainment, business development and quality of life. Our Service is a conduit for active citizenship and a hub for local activity. We have come a long way since our humble beginnings in a room in Cavan Courthouse in 1930.
We now provide:
• three full-time libraries
• seven part-time libraries
• e-Library services
• three multi-purpose spaces hosting over eight hundred events each year
• free access to books, DVDs, newspapers, magazines, the internet, reading groups, cultural events, local studies, the county archives and information of every type and variety.
• study, photocopying and printing facilities
• a prison library and a service to primary school pupils
In 2010 Cavan County Council’s Library Service had 13,341 members and 277,550 visits – that’s well over a quarter of a million!
Our mission & Core Values
Cavan County Council’s Library Service mission is to provide educational, informational, cultural and recreational library resources and services in a professional and inclusive way, enabling people living in County Cavan to improve the quality of their lives.
Our Core Values are
• Open access to recorded knowledge, information and creative works
• Connection of people to ideas, fostering intellectual freedom
• Commitment to literacy and learning of all kinds
• Dedication to equality, with respect for diversity and individuality
• Preservation of the human record
• Delivery of excellence in services
• Working in partnership to advance these values
Our Vision for 2020
Our vision describes how we want our Library Service to be by 2020
We want to:
• Be a model of excellence within easy reach of everyone
• Provide equitable access to ideas, information and knowledge
• Be the community’s core asset for lifelong learning and empowerment.
• Ensure our services are well used, relevant, accessible and welcoming.
• Provide access through a network of branch libraries, a mobile library and online
• Use new technologies to extend access to library services beyond library walls
• Listen to our users and embrace change to improve our services
• Develop and sustain productive community partnerships
• Inspire trust through the provision of quality services and transparent accountability.
For further information, please see Libraries Matter:, Cavan County Library Service Development Plan 2010-2015.